sábado, 15 de febrero de 2014

GIMP I

Photoshop is the main software people use when they wish to touch up a photograph, yet very few know of GIMP, which is incredibly similar as to its functions and luckily cheaper, because it is for free and you can download it from its web page: http://www.gimp.org/windows/
The very first project we started in our Computing lessons was about getting used to work with layers, and the main objective was to successfully insert a picture, not at all related with the one to be used as background, into another  and the result being somewhat decent. Of course, not many of us had used this software before, so it's taken more patience that we had expected, but the results are indeed satisfying.
Working with pictures is something very fashionable these days, making them look better or simply eliminating parts of it that we don't like very much. And whereas it could seem devastatingly impossible to do so without the experience it takes to master Photoshop, GIMP provides simpler, much handier tools to help you.
I am quite delighted with how my project has turned out, even though I'm well aware I could have done much better, but it's a first for me, so I'm really happy about the results.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario